So we had a three day weekend and decided to take the kids on a mini-vacay to Houston
Our first stop was in Brenham at the Blue Bell Ice Cream Factory of course...we can't go to Houston without stopping there...I think it's illegal...

And then of course...the post-sugar crash...
After checking into our hotel, we headed for one of our favorite restaurants,
The Downtown Aquarium
We like it because it has a Ginormous aquarium inside full of all kinds of fish and stuff...obviously...
also, the food is pretty good
and they have fun deserts like this paint your own Rice Krispie shark
or paint your teeth...

These guys have GREAT manners...
and you can build your own sundae...which is great because we didn't get enough ice cream at the ICE CREAM FACTORY.....I sense another sugar crash coming on....
After dinner we head outside to the rides. Our favorite is the train ride that takes you through the shark tunnel
see?
daaaa DA...daaa DA...daaaa DA
these guys are scared to death...babies.
Next we went on 0ur other favorite ride..the carousel!
Madi was split between which critter she wanted to ride....
Chase had to wrestle his ride
Conor's choice wasn't any more cooperative...
In the end...everyone got to enjoy the ride!




Wyatt wasn't feeling that great, so he bailed on the train and carousel, but joined us for the indoor aquariums
They have some pretty cool displays

Conor...I mean Capt. Nemo
Chase's favorite...treasure!
...until Capt. Wyatt the dreaded pirate came along...


And then of course...the post-sugar crash...After checking into our hotel, we headed for one of our favorite restaurants,
The Downtown Aquarium
We like it because it has a Ginormous aquarium inside full of all kinds of fish and stuff...obviously...
also, the food is pretty good
and they have fun deserts like this paint your own Rice Krispie shark
or paint your teeth...
These guys have GREAT manners...
and you can build your own sundae...which is great because we didn't get enough ice cream at the ICE CREAM FACTORY.....I sense another sugar crash coming on....
After dinner we head outside to the rides. Our favorite is the train ride that takes you through the shark tunnel
see?
daaaa DA...daaa DA...daaaa DA
these guys are scared to death...babies.Next we went on 0ur other favorite ride..the carousel!
Madi was split between which critter she wanted to ride....
Chase had to wrestle his ride
Conor's choice wasn't any more cooperative...
In the end...everyone got to enjoy the ride!



Wyatt wasn't feeling that great, so he bailed on the train and carousel, but joined us for the indoor aquariums
They have some pretty cool displays
Conor...I mean Capt. Nemo
Chase's favorite...treasure!
...until Capt. Wyatt the dreaded pirate came along...
They even have Siberian Tigers....why they are at an aquarium?...I don't know....
but one tried to eat Chase
The touch tank is always a favorite!
but one tried to eat ChaseThe touch tank is always a favorite!

Chase getting cozy with a ray
Tomorrow: Part 2: The Terra Cotta Warriors!!







7 comments:
What a cute family! Looks like you all had fun!XO
That looks like so much fun...I'm looking forward to part 2...
Fun times.....round 2 of the sugar didn't hit on that carousel, did it?! ;)
How fun is that! I love the kids expressions on their faces! And your blue teeth Steph, awesome. You guys make me laugh! Hope Wyatt had a great birthday! The big 6! Hooray!
I love the fun Hacking updates - -and I loved seeing you today. You guys are the best.
I remember those places. Wish we could have been with you this time.
Love the pictures!!
Fun cute pictures, Lauren and Madi are getting so big, old and beautiful.
Post a Comment