Wyatt's First Day of Kindergarten!!

So, as I mentioned before...Wyatt had to miss his first day of school because he was sick, but he got to go today!!! He LOVED it!! I went to see him at lunch today. He looked at me and said, "What are you doing here? Do I have to go home now?" I reassured him that I just came to say hi and see how his first day was going..."Good!" he said...which reassured me :)
People always tell you that "time will fly by" when you're struggling with all of your little babies at once, and you roll your eyes and think "yeah right...it will ALWAYS be this way!" BUT I have to admit....they were right. :( My oldest baby started High School this year, and now my youngest baby is in kindergarten. I'm the kind of person who just trudges through things full speed ahead...do what you gotta do because it needs to get done...every once in awhile I stop myself and take it all in...that's a mistake!! I did that today after reading a totally sweet poem about letting your kids go into the world, and I admit that I cried a little over having no more babies at home to love on, so love those babies while you've got them at home because "time will FLY by!"


11 comments:
YAY! I'm so glad the handsome little guy got to go today. :) You are right, time does fly. Don't have too much fun with all that mommy down-time! ;)
ahhh those are sweet thoughts. Yeah, I already can feel the heartache. Short of eating my kids I really do savor them but I always need to remember the joy in the doing. Love ya. Cute little Wyatt, I bet he is loving it.
I really can't believe he's in kindergarden already, that's so crazy!
What a cutie!! We are so glad he got to go to school. It's hard when they grow up but enjoy the time alone and catch up on things you can't do when they are home and 4 o'clock will come fast.
So happy he got to go (at least) on the 2nd day. He's such a cutie - -and I'm with you. It's a bittersweet thing to watch the family grow up .
So glad he got to go to school; he looks so handsome! I've been thinking about you and Carey with no kids at home anymore! I'll send my kids down to Texas for a few weeks, then you'll really be glad you're home alone!
I do try to enjoy it though while they are little because they do grow so fast! I can't believe my oldest started kindergarten! Try to stay busy!
He looks cute and ready for the "big" world! Can't believe you have one in high school now!!! Man time does fly!
I'm glad Wyatt got feeling better so he could go to school, he's such a cutie!
Time sure does fly by. We don't really realize it until we notice that our kids have gone and grown up somehow right before our eyes! I try to treasure each moment...even the tantrum moments..those are harder to treasure but I try lol.
Ditto to time flying by. That is one cute boy there.
oh...mr wyatt. what a little man!
Wow! I can't believe Wyatt started Kindergarten and Lauren is in high school! He looks so grown up! Love you guys!
Post a Comment