Tuesday, October 14, 2008

More pics of new house construction

Please bear with me as I share yet more pictures from the new house we're building....it is for mainly my parents benefit because they keep asking, "When are you going to post some more pictures of your house?"...So, here they are :)


Here's Lancy Pants on our upstairs back patio

Here's what the backyard looks like off the upstairs back patio....


Here's Lances Garage...or half of it at least...


...and here we are looking into the kitchen--at the island from the adjoining family room, however, the island no longer looks like that because I had them tear it out and do a different shape instead....

Here's the view of the beautiful sunset out Madi's room window...that's my favorite thing about this house...the views...I can see out!!!


This is the back-ish part of the house on the garage side...you can see the covered upper and lower patios better from here...
...and here's the front-ish part of the house on the garage side

That's just the front...obviously...

Here's a shot of my corbels...I love them. :)

And there you have it.
Since I last took pictures, they have finished putting in all of the duct work for the A/C and Heating, and they have also finished the plumbing. Next is the Electrical. We are supposed to be meeting with the A/V guy tonight...I don't really care about all of that, but I'm going along because I think Lance needs a chaperone....otherwise we'll end up with surround sound in the bathrooms...Also, they have finished putting all of the black felt paper on the roof and are supposed to be starting shingles this week.! Which is good since it looks like we are going to finally get some rain around here!!! (I do appreciate it holding off until we got our roof on though.)


Until the next batch of pics....

9 comments:

Chelsey said...

Hooray! I'm so excited for you guys. It is going to be so awesome when it's done. Hopefully it won't be too long before we can come and see it. It took us forever to get down there since you've moved to Austin.

Hacking Highlights said...

Looks great! Scott would be drooling over the 4 car garage! If we don't come out for Thanksgiving (which we are still working on), we will be out soon to visit! I love it.

Jan said...

Oh, beautiful! I'm sure you can't wait to get it done and get settled.

I, on the other hand, will hate it. I want you nearer by!

Fantastic Five said...

thats so exciting that i get to have a 2nd house...i love it!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!

jenjamin said...

Hey the house looks great! What fun!

Pedaling said...

love the house documentation..
ouch on the foot but it's gonna look and feel so good.

Unknown said...

Wow it's really coming together isn't it? I bet it's awesome to see your visions come to life. I can't wait to see the finished product I'm sure it's going to be beautiful

Diane said...

This looks like it will be an awesome house. Very fun to build!