So, here's the other things I've been busy with as of late....
My talented, beautiful, best buddy Candice makes the most amazing candles! They smell better than any others I've ever bought!! (That's right, better than Salt City, etc...)
Anywhoo, she and I decided to do some holiday boutiques featuring her candles and my jewelry. Making candles is a huge job, so she let me come and help her. It was like playin mad scientist! I knew her candle making was a tricky process and a lot of work, but I had no idea...I have a whole new respect!!

First there's the big hnk of wax you have to cut up and melt down...
...it's like being a butcher...
Then there's the melting and mixing of the secret potions...

then comes the pouring...which if you are doing different layers, is very time consuming....
but after working ALL DAY, we finish!!! 96 in all! 12 different fragrances, Whew!
My talented, beautiful, best buddy Candice makes the most amazing candles! They smell better than any others I've ever bought!! (That's right, better than Salt City, etc...)
Anywhoo, she and I decided to do some holiday boutiques featuring her candles and my jewelry. Making candles is a huge job, so she let me come and help her. It was like playin mad scientist! I knew her candle making was a tricky process and a lot of work, but I had no idea...I have a whole new respect!!

First there's the big hnk of wax you have to cut up and melt down...
...it's like being a butcher...
Then there's the melting and mixing of the secret potions...
then comes the pouring...which if you are doing different layers, is very time consuming....
but after working ALL DAY, we finish!!! 96 in all! 12 different fragrances, Whew!





19 comments:
That is awesome. You guys are way talented! I hope you got something back from all that work!
I wish I was there to buy some!! Love the jewelry and I could use some nice smelling candles! Steph, you have too many talents!
That candle making looks complicated - -I'm thankful that I just get to benefit from her expertise!
And the jewelery? Beautiful. You guys are overflowing with talent. Love you both.
i wish i was 1 percent as crafty as you two! i love love love my candles and my jewels. in fact, i want to come over and look at the leftovers. i need to treat myself to a thing or two, don't you think?
i'm playing catch up, so it's all going on this post:
1--hope your foot is better. you made me say "OOOOOWWWWW!!!" out loud when i saw the photo. nicely played.
2--your house is amazing. we loved building (it's been 5 years) and i'm thinking i'm ready to do it again. him? not so much. i love the style.
3--your necklaces and candles look wonderful. it wears me out to think about being so talented--i have to conserve energy for tivo watching :)
Ok I was begining to wonder where you guys were playing..... So sorry to hear about the foot, I think that legos should be banned until each child has stepped on them at least 10 times (they hurt). Glad you are doing well and the foot is getting better. The house is Beautiful, I hope some day we get to see it in person. and the jewels and candles my fave.... I would have one in every color and scent. Glad to read all is well and everything is going good.
that was so much more fun doing this with you. i need to swing over and get me some more jewelery, nothing else i have even comes close to your stuff, now it all looks lame.
Steph you are as beautiful as you are TALENTED!
The house looks great, as do the candles and jewelry.....so how do I place an online order?
I'm not kidding....shoot me an email and tell me what necklaces you have left....or can make!
Your house looks so great, I guess we will have to make trip there again so we can see it when it is finished. Love your jewelry and candles, glad all is going well you guys. love ya.
You are amazing! I wish I could have attended your boutique.
I love a good smelling candle! I am amazed at the jewelry you make...beautiful. How fun to do this with a friend. You are awesome
Yeah dude, thats my green necklace I see. Thanks for all the fun and yummy stuff, LOVE IT!
Glad to hear from you!
Bunions? YEEEOUCH! (the Legos comment is perfect!)
The House: Brilliant Layout-can't wait to see more.
Your jewelry looks amazing you should post more of it for us to see. Good luck on your shows!
That is an awesome looking house. Thanks for putting up the pictures.
Can't wait to see some up close pictures of your jewelry. Thanks for the new background. Love it and we love you.
I want to come to a party with all your cool candles and jewelry! Will you come to Utah and have a party?
Linda (Jenn's mom!)
what fun- i hope you make all kinds of $$$ on your holiday boutique - the jewelry is definitely my style!
Wowsa! That is awesome!
Wow! how fun is that? You two are very creative! I didn't realize that so much work went into making candles either! And Steph...when do you manage to find the time to make jewelery? You are AMAZING! :)
Post a Comment