Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween II

I know that Lancy-pants already blogged Halloween, but I just wanted to add a few more pictures for journaling purposes... :)

The only way you wouldn't know what mine and Lance's "costumes" were, is if you've been living under a rock...which, surprisingly, there are more than I thought....
But for those who have read the Twilight series by Stephenie Myer, ...well, ....they "got it"
Lance thought of the Werewolf thing all on his own. In fact, up until the night before Halloween , he wouldn't tell me what he was dressing up as...he said it was a "surprise"...but then I caught him making a sign that said, "R.I.P. Edward", and then...I knew... He insists on relentlessly teasing me about my love affair with Edward and the Twilight books...so, he decided to take matters into his own hands. After I was done being mad at him (all the while trying not to laugh). I finally surrendered and made us some shirts to go with his theme...

anywhoo... we went to the trunk-or-treat Halloween evening. Poor Conor was sick and missed school that day, but thought he'd try trick-or-treating for a bit...he only made it around to a couple of cars and decided to sit the rest out...poor li'l guy...there should be a rule against being sick on Halloween..it's like crying at Disneyland...
I like how "Iron Man" is wearing flip-flops...


Jedi Chase, Iron Man Conor, their friend Ben 10 (Dylan), and Optimus Prime Wyatt
Break-up Barbie Lauren and that little Devil (not!) Madi

Here's Master Chase using his mad Jedi skills and the force....


Since Lance and I did the Jacob and Bella thing, Candice and Steve took on the Esme and Carlisle thing...

There's stupid Kevin doing bunny ears behind our sweet friend moment picture...he thinks he's so funny...but we know better... :)


Our "crazy-lady "friend Stacie hanging out with her pet snake...(close your eyes mom...)


And here's the results of our pumpkin carving...
Madi's had a natural frowny-shaped wrinkle in it, so she went with it and made a Frankenstein

Chase beckoning Batman with the Bat signal
Conor did a self-portrait
and Wyatt's "Scary-monster face"


11 comments:

Helen said...

Lance did a good job with his costume. The kids are so cute. I can't believe that girl put a snake around her neck. [sick] I'm glad I wasn't there because I wouldn't have been there long.

Jan said...

Poor Conor -- Miss Maya was sick too. It just isn't right!

Loved the costumes -- and I'm with your mom - -that snake nearly did me in.

Kristen said...

Steph, you are hilarious! I can't believe you made those shirts. Those were really cute. Great pictures...even better commentary.

The Liddells said...

You guys are so funny! I would never be able to get Josh to dress up with me with anything twilight related. He pretty much despises twilight because I sort of was in my own world during the whole time I read it and got very behind on any and all cleaning, and I also watched tv with him while reading my book. He was very annoyed. So, needless to say, he hates twilight. Such a sad story.

Anonymous said...

You guys are so creative. Your kids all look great. Poor Conor. He can have our candy. Please.

Mindi said...

lance's costume = my favorite i've seen this year. and i've seen a TON.

you guys seriously rocked the house! i am putting those photos in my twilight tribute later this month if that's cool.....

Littletime said...

fUN fUN COSTUMES,CUTE PICTURES, IS THAT A REAL SNAKE IF IT IS THAT IS SICK AND WRONG....

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures! You guys always seem to be having so much fun and enjoying your kids - they are lucky !

Chelsey said...

I love your costumes. I was laughing so hard that I could barely tell Cody what your shirts said. The kids look awesome too!

Diane said...

Steph,

Send me your email address since I went private on my blog.
ddnelson1993@yahoo.com

Kristi said...

Oh my lanta, I LOVED your costumes. They were hilarious and that Lance is one creative feller with his werewolf costume. Loved it.