Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Summer family fun!...are we done yet?


One of my favorite things to do when I was growing up was going up Provo canyon and having picnics and hiking around, so we went up to Nunn's park then Bridal Veil Falls with some Hacking cousins

Bridal Veil Falls
I used to ride my bike to here and back every day when I was in college. Also, that was the first mountain bike ride I ever took Lance on....that was back before they ruined the trail by paveing it all the way up...it was more fun when it was dirt and rocks...

Aunt Sara and baby Lydia


Here's the gals chatting--Lance's sister was ready to pop! In fact we missed the birth of her little girl by one day! :(

Trying to keep all of the kids from falling into the river...

We weren't entirely successful..as you can see from little Gracie's hands :)

Wyatt and Micah
Conor

Lance and Alyssa

Alyssa and Grace
Chase and cousin Matt
That was freezing cold water!!


We were also able to take Lance's Grandma out to lunch

Lance, doin' his manly stance, Grandma Mae Hacking, and Moi
It was really nice to be able to spend some time with Grandma Mae! The kids enjoyed spending time with their Great-Grandma!!


Another trip we took with cousins was to Thanksgiving Point Gardens

I love these gardens and could spend all day wandering around them...but not when it's a thousand degrees...
Madi giving her hot and tired brother a piggy back....I told him no...it was too hot.
The Monet Bridge
I want this in my back yard...
Snack timefor the kiddos...Me and Megan were just glad to sit down!...OK, I was glad to sit down!


I guess it WASN"T just me, cuz this is what the kids all did when we got back inside...
Of course we hit the dino exhibit...always a favorite!
Here Conor and Chase and Wyatt were building a Stega-tyranno-rex-a-don
Lydia looked so adorable!! Just like one of the Anne Geddes babies
I decided to try it out...I think it works better for Lydia
Madi almost got torn to pieces by a shark...doesn't she look terrified?

Almost done wrapping up...I hate it when I procrastinate....

7 comments:

Jan said...

It all looks like a great summer to me. I love the gardens at Thanksgiving Point -- I need some good time there someday.

Chelsey said...

From the looks of the pictures I would say you guys had fun. It was fun having you here so close. I love Thanksgiving Point. We want to take Anna to the museum up there soon; I think she would love it. She reminds me of Lauren, because all of her library books are about potato bugs, snakes, and frogs!

Carey said...

Wow, I have time to look at blogs again! Cute pics and Madi is lucky that she escaped with her life, those things have been known to tear people to pieces you know! Especially if you jump off a cruise ship balcony

Diane said...

I love the Utah pics. Steph you look fantastic! I wish we could have met up.
Ok, the provo canyon pictures reminded me of the time when we decided to go roast hotdogs at night, but we got scared off with some "wolves"...ok, they ended up being dogs, but it freaked up all out. You tripped and actually hurt your spleen or something. So sorry! I just remembered that little excursion

Hacking it up said...

I remember that too! It was freaky because it was a Friday the 13th in October...but I remember that the 7 layer dip survived...even if I didn't.

hoLLy said...

yes, you look just as cute as lydia:)

fun trip! i love seeing all the places the hackings go.

Anonymous said...

What fun pictures. Summers in Utah are the best! And you can't beat spending time with cousins.