Good grief.
My blog has become one more thing that I am behind on.
I am still determined to finish posting the rest of our summer vacay...so bear with me...If I don't journal it all now...it'll never get done!...Just like my scrapbooks...which I have given completely up on.....
I grew up in Utah, so all of the usual tourist stuff has never seemed touristy to me. My kids however,haven't been to these sights as regularly as I have, so we decided to take them up to SLC to see the sights
Temple Square
Chase, Conor, and Wyatt
All of the cousins at the "Christus" statue at the Visitor center
We'd never been up on top of the Conference center before...That's pretty cool! 2 acres of landscaping up there on that roof...amazing!
After that we went up to "This is the Place" Monument...which was great timing with Pioneer Day around the corner
Cute li'l cowpoke
Can't say I've seen many cowboys in flip flops....
Lauren caught a stray goat that tried to escape the petting pen...
Of course everyone had to try their hand...and hammer at leather stamping
notice, I volunteered to hold the camera instead of the stamp....watch your fingers!
Speakin' of pioneers...
On Pioneer Day, we went to watch the Fiesta Days parade in Spanish Fork...a tradition of my family's for years
Luckily the men put chairs out the night before to get us some primo seating! (out of the sun!)
waiting for the big parade to start
still waiting...
still.......waiting....

pretty soon the kids start doing things to entertain themselves...
I think Jake is sick of waiting...

cuter cowboys you'll never see...

...and after much anticipation...
It begins!
Yes.
That is Barbie on her pink "Jane Dear" tractor.
...but I don't think that's Ken hanging off the back...
This was my favorite! Yellow four-wheelers!!!
...and here's my brother Clayton chasing:
a) Barbie
b) The fire truck that was throwing candy
c)"Cosmo" the cougar...fan that he is...
d)All of the above
If you answered "d" you were correct!

...and there's the end of the parade...I decided to spare you the 27 baseball teams that went riding by on hay wagons....that as worth waiting for.
After the big parade we headed over to the "Fiesta Days" carnival.
These dudes are ready to party!
Anna and Abby
Conor
Anna, Wyatt and Abby riding the wild and crazy dragon roller coaster
Then everyone goes for a turn on the Carousel
Adam's not so sure about it...
Lauren and Conor
Wyatt and Lance
Abby
And no carnival is complete without carnival food! Funnel cake--yum!!!
That was about all the carnival we could stand ...it was 178 degrees.....that and the Carnie's freak me out...
Another 24th of July tradition....the Rodeo!!
My sis and I love the Rodeo!!
We sang the National Anthem for everyone
"OHHHH-Ohhhh"
"Saaaayy, can you..."
"SEEEEE???"
our kids were in awe...(that, or they were pretending that they didn't know us...)
We sang so beautifully, that we made this man's hair stand on end.
Cute li'l chocolate cowboy!
We also saw Lance's cousin Brant and his 9 month pregnant wife there with their son....but we didn't see them leave when her water broke while watching the Rodeo!!! She gave birth to a healthy baby boy!! (at the hospital...not the rodeo) Congrats to them!!!
Sorry...but there's still more to come!!!
I am still determined to finish posting the rest of our summer vacay...so bear with me...If I don't journal it all now...it'll never get done!...Just like my scrapbooks...which I have given completely up on.....
I grew up in Utah, so all of the usual tourist stuff has never seemed touristy to me. My kids however,haven't been to these sights as regularly as I have, so we decided to take them up to SLC to see the sights
Temple SquareChase, Conor, and Wyatt
All of the cousins at the "Christus" statue at the Visitor center
We'd never been up on top of the Conference center before...That's pretty cool! 2 acres of landscaping up there on that roof...amazing!
After that we went up to "This is the Place" Monument...which was great timing with Pioneer Day around the corner
Cute li'l cowpoke
Can't say I've seen many cowboys in flip flops....
Lauren caught a stray goat that tried to escape the petting pen...
Of course everyone had to try their hand...and hammer at leather stamping
notice, I volunteered to hold the camera instead of the stamp....watch your fingers!Speakin' of pioneers...
On Pioneer Day, we went to watch the Fiesta Days parade in Spanish Fork...a tradition of my family's for years
Luckily the men put chairs out the night before to get us some primo seating! (out of the sun!)
waiting for the big parade to start
still waiting...
still.......waiting....
pretty soon the kids start doing things to entertain themselves...
I think Jake is sick of waiting...
cuter cowboys you'll never see...
...and after much anticipation...
It begins!
Yes.That is Barbie on her pink "Jane Dear" tractor.
...but I don't think that's Ken hanging off the back...
This was my favorite! Yellow four-wheelers!!!
...and here's my brother Clayton chasing:a) Barbie
b) The fire truck that was throwing candy
c)"Cosmo" the cougar...fan that he is...
d)All of the above
If you answered "d" you were correct!

...and there's the end of the parade...I decided to spare you the 27 baseball teams that went riding by on hay wagons....that as worth waiting for.
After the big parade we headed over to the "Fiesta Days" carnival.
These dudes are ready to party!
Anna and Abby
Conor
Anna, Wyatt and Abby riding the wild and crazy dragon roller coaster
Then everyone goes for a turn on the Carousel
Adam's not so sure about it...
Lauren and Conor
Wyatt and Lance
Abby
And no carnival is complete without carnival food! Funnel cake--yum!!!That was about all the carnival we could stand ...it was 178 degrees.....that and the Carnie's freak me out...
Another 24th of July tradition....the Rodeo!!
My sis and I love the Rodeo!!
We sang the National Anthem for everyone
"OHHHH-Ohhhh"
"Saaaayy, can you..."
"SEEEEE???"
our kids were in awe...(that, or they were pretending that they didn't know us...)
We sang so beautifully, that we made this man's hair stand on end.
Cute li'l chocolate cowboy!We also saw Lance's cousin Brant and his 9 month pregnant wife there with their son....but we didn't see them leave when her water broke while watching the Rodeo!!! She gave birth to a healthy baby boy!! (at the hospital...not the rodeo) Congrats to them!!!
Sorry...but there's still more to come!!!

4 comments:
I love your 'catch-up' posts -- you do such fun stuff with family and I love that as well.
I am lovin the pictures--the one of Conor and Wyatt being dudes cracked me up. Your kids are adorable. This made me miss Utah!
Looks like you had a great time :)
barbie on a pink tractor = GENIUS.
Post a Comment