
So, the other day we're just cruisin' along in my FJ, when Wyatt let his true feelings out...
Wyatt: Hey mom?
Me: Yes Wyatt?
W: I like how dad drives better than you.
Me: What?!?! Why?!?!
W: Because you go too fast.
Me: No I don't
W: yes you do
Me: No I don't
W: yes you do
Me: Nu-uh, If I drive too fast how come daddy is always the one who gets the speeding tickets?
Right then I passed an on coming policeman on a motorcycle.
He flips his lights on.
My heart stops.
I slam on the brakes.
Wyatt yells "Hey!!"
I look in my rear view mirror and to my utter and complete relief, he pulls someone else over.
Whew! My lucky day!!
We then resume our conversation.
Me: See? If I was driving too fast, that policeman would have given me a ticket, but he didn't.
Wyatt: I still like it better when daddy drives.
Me: (fake crying) Oh Wyatt!! You broke my heart!!!
W: Mom, you're just fake crying again.
Me: (Turning up the fake cry)
W: Ok, Ok,...I like your driving....now is your heart back together?
Cute li'l kid :)

6 comments:
Soooo, is that picture of your car? If so, how'd that happen and how did you get it un-stuck?
Its about time you started posting again, I have missed reading out you and your cute family. Love your new background paper.
Is your heart back together? I love that! That boy is a cutie!!
Love the picture -- I'm hoping you had Candice with you 'cause I know how she LOVES off-roading. hee hee!
Are you stuck? If Wyatt was with you no wonder he likes the way his Dad drives. He is such a cutie and kids say the darndest things.
What a cutie! Sometimes it's so nice with they are so honest, isn't it?
When we were doing our cabinets, I swear we made 200 trips to Home Depot and back; one of those times it was just me and Anna, and she informed me that I don't know where it is, just Daddy does. She was pretty surprised when we got there without getting lost!
So honest aren't they! That's really funny, tonight when I was driving, lauryn starts singing "mom's a good driver, mom's a good driver!" What a boost!:)
Post a Comment