Friday, December 19, 2008

Secret Love




So our 7 yr old Conor comes home from school and Steph asks him about his day:

Steph: How was school today?

Conor: Fine, except kids kept chasing me and Anna-Kate all over the playground and wouldn't leave us alone. All because they wanted me to answer one question..."do I love Anna-Kate"

Steph: Then what happened?

Conor: We decided to keep our love a secret...at least until we get married.

Did you read that Conor is 7?!? SEVEN?!? I take no responsibility. Steph tried explaining that we love all our friends but we don't hug and kiss until we're 27 yrs old.

Actually, I can't help but think that Conor has become corrupted by Steph and all the girls talking non-stop about Twilight.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh. To be seven again AND have a secret love. And I think the actual hugging and kissing age is 28. Not 27.

Jan said...

"Keep our love a secret"? I love it.

And I agree - no kissing till at least 27. That's what we told our kids.

If only.

Andi said...

27? Whatever! My boys can't kiss and hug at least until 30! I love it, so cute! I told a boy I loved him when I was about 4. He ignored me. Broke my heart.

Chelsey said...

That is so funny; he's so mature about his answer! Anna keeps asking when she can married (she is obsessed with getting married, but really its just because of the dress) and we tell her not until at least 25. We'll see!

Diane said...

Yes, the Twilight lovefest is spreading to 7 yr. olds. How cute is that!

Suzie said...

No way! That is adorable scary & sweet.

Kristi said...

Oh goodness, I love that story!! Conor is absolutely adorable--him and his secret 7 year old love. :)